Ingredients for 6 servings:
1. 2 cups long grain rice
2. 3 cups water, cold
3. 1 teaspoon ginger, Finely grated
4. 1/4 lb snow peas, chopped
1. Wash rice in several of changes of water until the water runs clear.
2. Place rice in a 3 quart saucepan that has a tight fitting lid.
3. Add water and grated ginger.
4. Bring to a boil, uncovered.
5. Reduce heat slightly but continue to cook uncovered until surface water disappears and holes appear in the surface of the rice.
6. Cover tightly, turn heat very low and cook 20 minutes.
7. Add snow peas and cover.
8. Cook 2 minutes longer then remove from heat and let stand 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
9. Stir gently to combine rice with snow peas.