Ingredients for 8 servings:
1. 5 1/2 cups pecan halves
2. 3 tablespoons flour
3. 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
4. 1 cup packed light brown sugar
5. 3/4 cup light corn syrup
6. 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
7. 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
8. 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
9. 1 pie shell
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Spread 1/2 cup of the pecans on a baking sheet and toast them in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned and fragrant.
3. Let cool completely.
4. Place the roasted nuts in a food processor and process until smooth and buttery.
5. Add the flour and pulse until incorporated.
6. Scrape into a large bowl and set aside.
7. Heat the butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until it starts to foam and turns a light brown.
8. Remove from heat and set aside.
9. Add the brown sugar, corn syrup, eggs, vanilla, and browned butter to the nut paste and stir until well blended.
10. Fold in the remaining 5 cups pecans.
11. Pour the filling into the pre-baked pie shell.
12. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the filling is slightly puffed and the crust is golden brown.
13. Transfer to a rack to cool.
14. Serve warm or at room temperature.