Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 12 whole chicken wings
2. 3 ounces unsalted butter
3. 1 small garlic clove, minced
4. 1/4 cup hot sauce
5. 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Place a 6-quart saucepan with a steamer basket and 1-inch of water in the bottom, over high heat, cover and bring into a boil.
2. Remove the tips of the wings and discard or save for making stock. Using a sharp kitchen knife, separate the wings at the joint. Place the wings in a steamer basket, cover, reduce the heat to medium and steam for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the wings from the basket and carefully pat dry. Lay the wings out on a cooling rack set in a half sheet pan line with paper towels and place in the refrigerator until cold.
4. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
5. Replace the paper towels with parchment paper. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes. Turn and cook another 20 minutes or until golden brown.
6. While chicken is cooking, melt the butter in a small bowl along with the garlic.
7. Transfer to a large bowl and add hot sauce and salt. Stir to combine.
8. Remove the wings from the oven and add to the bowl and toss with sauce.
9. Serve with desired condiments ie Ranch, Bleu Cheese, etc.