Ingredients for 5 servings:
1. 1 cup apple butter
2. 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
3. 2 tablespoons butter
4. 2 tablespoons sugar
5. 1 teaspoon celery seed
6. 1 medium onion, minced
7. 1 broiler-fryer chickens, cut up or 5 bone-in skin-on chicken breast halves
8. 1 teaspoon salt
9. fresh ground pepper
1. Heat the apple butter, mustard, butter, sugar, celery seed and onion to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat; cool.
2. Place the chicken in a food storage bag. Pour half of the apple butter mixture over the chicken; reserve remaining mixture. Seal bag; smush around so the chicken gets thoroughly coated. Refrigerate 1 hour.
3. Heat a grill pan over high heat. Brush off extra sauce from the chicken and discard. Cook chicken, in batches if necessary, turning occasionally, until browned, about 20 minutes. Continue cooking, brushing with reserved marinade, until chicken is cooked through, 15-25 minutes longer.