Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 2 teaspoons oil
2. 4 skinless chicken breasts
3. 3 tablespoons cornflour or 3 tablespoons rice flour
4. 1 (40 g) packet continantals french dry onion soup mix
5. 1 (415 g) can apricot nectar
6. 1/2 cup chicken stock
7. 1 (425 g) can apricot halves, drained
8. 2 carrots, sliced and steamed
1. Cut chicken into large chunks and roll in cornflour (I do this is a large plastic bag to cut down on the mess).
2. Heat oil in a large frypan and lightly brown the chicken pieces.
3. Add the soup mix,the apricot nectar and stock and stir well. Cover and simmer gently for about 10 minutes, or until the chicken has cooked through. The smaller the chicken pieces, the quicker they cook.
4. Stir in the apricot halves and carrots. Reheat.
5. ALTERNATE COOKING METHOD.
6. Combine all of the ingredients (except the apricot halves) in a casserole dish and bake at 180°C for approx 75 minutes. Add the apricot halves and the carrots during the last 1/2 hour of cooking time. Add a little extra stock if the dish thickens too much.