Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 1 lb ground turkey
2. 1 1/3 cups French’s French fried onions, divided
3. 1 egg
4. 1/2 cup water chestnut, finely chopped
5. 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
6. 3 tablespoons stir-fry sauce, Asian, can use teriyaki baste & glaze sauce
7. 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper sauce, Frank’s RedHot Original
8. 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
9. 4 sandwich buns
10. shredded lettuce, to taste
1. In a large bowl combine the ground turkey, one cup french fried onions, egg, water chestnuts, bread crumbs, stir-fry sauce, Franks RedHot sauce and the ginger. Shape meat mixture into four patties.
2. Broil patties six inches away from the heat source or grill over medium coals. Cook for 10 minutes or until burgers are no longer pink in the middle, turning only once.
3. Serve on buns and top with the remaining onions and lettuce.