Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 1 large baking potato, peeled and thinly sliced
2. 1 lb asparagus
3. 4 large eggs
4. 4 egg whites
5. 1/2 cup nonfat milk
6. 1/2 teaspoon salt
7. 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
8. 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
9. 1 onion, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350f.
2. Put potato in saucepan and cover with water by 3 inches. Cover pan and bring to boil over high heat; boil 5 minutes.
3. Add asparagus and boil an additional 2 minutes.
4. Drain and set aside to cool.
5. Combine whole eggs and egg whites, milk, salt, baking powder, and three tablespoons of the parmesan cheese in a bowl. Mix in the potato and asparagus.
6. Heat an oven proof nonstick pan, spray with nonstick spray and add the onion.
7. Cook, stirring occasionally for two minutes.
8. Add the egg mixture and reduce heat to medium.
9. Cover and cook until almost set, about ten minutes.
10. Uncover the skillet and sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese.
11. Transfer to the oven to cook for about five minutes, until browned.
12. Invert onto a plate and cut into wedges prior to serving.