Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
2. 4 ounces goat cheese
3. 4 Italian sausages
4. 8 slices bacon
5. 1/2 cup polenta
6. 3/4 teaspoon salt
7. 2 1/2 cups water
8. 1 (14 ounce) jar Ragú® Pasta Sauce (parmesan & romano pasta sauce)
9. 4 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
1. Pre heat oven to 425.
2. To make the Bachicages:
3. Open the chicken thighs and spread each one with 1 ounce goat cheese.
4. Roll one chicken thigh around one Italian sausage link, cheese side facing the sausage. Repeat with remaining thighs and sausages.
5. Wrap bacon around each thigh, it will take two slices to completely cover the chicken thigh. Place on parchment paper lined or nonstick baking sheet. The Bachicages are now ready to roast.
6. Roast Bachicages in preheated 425 oven for 40 minutes.
7. Remove the Bachicages from the oven and let rest while making the polenta and heating the pasta sauce.
8. Place pasta sauce in small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
9. In a microwave safe bowl combine polenta, salt and water. Stir and micro wave on high for 3 minutes.
10. Remove from microwave and stir well. Return to microwave for another 3 minutes on high.
11. Remove from microwave and stir well, return and heat on high for another 3 minutes.
12. Remove from microwave and stir again, then heat for an additional 2 minutes on high.
13. Ladle ¼ cup sauce onto each of 4 dinner plates and top with ¼ of the polenta.
14. Cut the thighs into 3 or 4 slices each and place the 4 slices on top of the polenta on each plate.
15. Sprinkle with fresh chives and serve with extra sauce in a side dish.