Ingredients for 1 servings:
1. 2 1/2 cups ripe strawberries, hulled and crushed
2. 1 3/4 cups ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
3. 2 tablespoons bottled lemon juice
4. 7 cups sugar
5. 1/2 teaspoon unsalted butter
6. 1 (3 ounce) envelope liquid pectin
1. In an 8-quart pan, combine the strawberries, bananas, lemon juice, sugar and butter.
2. Over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, heat the mixture until the sugar is completely dissolved.
3. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Stir in the entire contents of the pectin pouch.
4. Return the mixture to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
5. Boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
6. Remove the pan from the heat.
7. Skim off any foam.
8. To prevent the jam from separating in the jars, allow the jam to cool 5 minutes before filling the jars. Gently stir the jam every minute or so to distribute the fruit.
9. Ladle the hot jam into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace.
10. Wipe the jar rims and threads with a clean, damp cloth.
11. Cover with hot lids and apply screw rings.
12. Process half pint jars in 200°F (93°C) water bath for 10 minutes, pint jars for 15 minutes.