Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 2 lemons, zest of
2. 1 cup barbecue sauce (your favorite)
3. 2 teaspoons italian seasoning (or Mrs Dash)
4. 4 garlic cloves, peeled and mashed
5. 1 sprig fresh rosemary
6. 1 whole chicken
1. Preheat oven to 350°F Cut zested lemons in half, squeeze out juice into a small bowl and set aside halves. Add zest, barbecue sauce, and seasonings to the lemon juice; mix well.
2. Place chicken in baking pan. Place 2 of the lemon halves along with the mashed cloves of garlic and roesmary sprig into the cavity of the chicken.
3. Rub skin of chicken all over with remaining 2 lemon halves and discard. Tie legs together with twine.
4. Bake 1 1/2 – 2 hours or until chicken is cooked through to 170F brushing with the barbecue sauce mixture every 5 min during the last 20 minutes of baking.
5. Remove chicken from oven, and discard lemon halves and garlic cloves from chicken cavity. Skim fat from drippings in pan, and serve with the chicken.