Ingredients for 20 servings:
1. 3 lbs plum tomatoes, quartered,seeded,and minced fairly fine. (so they stay on the garlic bread really well!)
2. 1 medium vidalia onion, minced very fine
3. 3 cloves elephant garlic or 4 cloves regular garlic, minced very fine
4. chives or garlic sprouts, snipped fine to taste
5. 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
6. 1 cup balsamic vinegar, to taste (as we like it quite tart)
7. 4 tablespoons basil, to taste
8. 2 tablespoons oregano
9. black pepper
1. combine all ingredients above and refrigerate for several hours, check for taste and season accordingly.
2. (If you find it to vinegary for your taste simply add some sugar and olive oil).
3. Serve on garlic bread with some parm cheese (the fresh, block kind you grate your self) or bake on the bread with a little feta or assagio cheese for a change of pace.