Ingredients for 10 servings:
1. 6 medium potatoes
2. 3 hard-boiled eggs
3. 1/4 cup dill pickle, diced
4. 1/4 cup green onion, diced
5. 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, chopped
6. 1/2-1 cup mayonnaise (not Salad Dressing)
7. 1/4 cup buttermilk
8. 1/2 teaspoon pepper, cracked is good
9. 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Boil potatoes in skins. Cool and chop in small chunks.
2. Chop boiled eggs and add to potatoes.
3. Add pickles, onion and pimentos next.
4. Take about 1/4 cup buttermilk, or make your own by adding about a teaspoon of vinegar to the fresh milk. Once the vinegar is added, the milk will sour very quickly, set it aside.
5. I put about a 1/2 cup (maybe a little more) mayo in a shaker or glass jar. Add the sour milk to your mayo and shake it well.
6. You can add your salt and pepper to this mayo dressing. Then pour it over the potatoes. If you need more or less mayo adjust it so the potatoes are well coated.
7. Stir the potatoes gently, so they stay in chunks.
8. Garnish with paprika or sliced eggs.
9. Chill about an hour before serving, we like it warm, too.