Ingredients for 6 servings:
1. 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes, drained
2. 10 sun-dried tomatoes, re-hydrated in water 5 minutes, drained and chopped
3. 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
4. 1/2 cup pine nuts, dry-toasted
5. 1 tablespoon minced garlic
6. 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
7. 1/2 cup snipped fresh basil leaf, cut in thin strips
8. 1 lb dried bow tie pasta (farfalle)
9. kosher sea salt
10. fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1. UP TO 1 DAY AHEAD: Combine all ingredients except pasta, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Place in a covered container and refrigerate overnight.
2. BEFORE SERVING:
3. Place sauce in a large bowl and bring to room temperature.
4. Cook pasta in a large pot to al dente following package instructions, about 12 minutes.
5. Drain pasta and add it to the tomato mixture.
6. Toss well to combine.
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese on the side.