Ingredients for 2 servings:
1. 1/4 cup butter, softened
2. 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
3. 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
4. 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
5. 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
6. 1 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
7. 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
8. 1/2 teaspoon salt
9. 16 ounces fresh halibut steaks, 3/4 inch thick
10. 1 tablespoon butter
11. 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine 1/4 cup butter, shallots, dill weed, parsley, mustard, lemon juice, garlic and salt; mix well.
2. Rinse halibut steaks in cold water and pat dry on paper towels.
3. In a 8 inch x 8 inch oven proof casserole dish, add 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Place under the broiler on HIGH heat for about 2 minutes or until the butter has melted.
4. Place the halibut steaks in the casserole dish.
5. Spread one half the lemon/herb mixture equally over each steak.
6. Place under the broiler on HIGH heat and broil for 6 minutes.
7. Turn halibut steaks over and spread the remaining lemon/herb mixture evenly over the steaks.
8. Continue to broil on HIGH heat for another 5 to 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Do not overcook the fish.
9. Serve with cooked basmati brown rice.
10. You may also use finely chopped chives or green onions instead of the shallots.