Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 2 grated carrots
2. 2 tablespoons cream cheese
3. 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
4. 1 teaspoon sweet ginger paste
5. salt and pepper
6. 4 slices whole grain bread or 4 slices light rye bread
7. 4 teaspoons butter
1. Blend grated carrots, cream cheese, mayo, and ginger paste (if desired); add salt and peper to taste.
2. Butter all four pieces of bread; place carrot mixture onto one slice; put other piece of buttered bread on top.
3. Cut off the crusts and cut to preferred size.