Ingredients for 12 servings:
1. 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
2. 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
3. 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
4. 1 cup water
5. 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
6. 1 teaspoon onion powder
7. 1 teaspoon dried oregano
8. 1 teaspoon dried thyme
9. 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
10. 2 teaspoons garlic powder
11. 1 tablespoon dried parsley
12. 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
13. 1 teaspoon salt
14. 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a medium size saucepan, on low heat to simmer uncovered for 2 hours, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking or burning. Note: This recipe can be made X4 to make enough for canning, just use a large stock pot if making 12 pints. Simmer uncovered for 2 hours stirring occasionally.
2. If doing long term storage:
3. Clean and sterilize canning jars and lids according to the manufactures instructions.
4. Fill prepared jars with hot pizza sauce, up to the 1/2 mark on your canning jars, clean rims of jars to remove any residue, seal with prepared lids (finger tight) and place them in a water bath canner with recommended amount of water, usually 1 inch above jar tops, (See owners manual for instructions).
5. Bring to a rapid boil and cover, start timing and process sauce for 35 minutes for pint size jars and 45 minutes for quart size jars.
6. Take jars carefully out of canner when completely processed and place the hot jars on a kitchen towel until cooled completely.
7. After 24 hours, check seals to make sure all have sealed correctly (none of the lids pop back up when pressed) and then wash and dry jars, label them and store.
8. Cooks Notes: This recipe can be stored for up to 5 years in a cool dry place.
9. (1 pint jar of sauce will cover 1 large size pizza). . Always check seals on jars and food inside, for any contamination before consuming stored food.
10. Makes 1 1/2 quarts or 3 pints = (6 cups), If you do recipe X4, it will yield 12 pints.