Ingredients for 6 servings:
1. 1/2 cup light soy sauce
2. 1 (10 ounce) jar cherry preserves
3. 3 garlic cloves, minced
4. 1/4 cup dijon-style mustard
5. 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (to taste)
6. 4 -5 lbs chicken parts, rinsed and patted dry
7. green onion, sliced lengthwise
1. In small saucepan, mix soy sauce, preserves, garlic and mustard.
2. Stir over med heat just until preserves are melted and mix is well blended.
3. Season to taste with hot pepper sauce. Cool.
4. Arrange chicken in single layer in baking dish just large enough to hold pieces.
5. Pour sauce over all and turn to coat evenly.
6. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 1 day.
7. Lift chicken from marinade, collecting remaining marinade in small bowl.
8. Grill chicken over med coals until done, about 25 min, turning frequently and basting with additional marinade.
9. Garnish with green onions.