Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 1 (3 lb) whole chickens
2. 2 -3 tablespoons peanut oil
3. 3 tablespoons soy sauce
4. 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
5. 1/4 cup white onion, chopped up
6. 1 small cinnamon stick
7. 2 tablespoons coconut milk
8. 1 carrot
9. 15 ounces black beans
10. 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing (other type of dressing)
11. 1/4 cup Tabasco sauce (other variations of hot sauce)
1. Cut up the chicken and remove the skin, excess fat and discard the back bone. Cut up the chicken breasts into smaller pieces and then add to a big bowl. Add the two thighs, two drum sticks and two chicken wings.
2. Now add to the bowl the oil, soy sauce, fennel seed, onion, cinnamon stick, coconut milk and toss the chicken in this mixture. Let sit for about 30 minutes.
3. Pre-heat an oven to 350 degrees and then bake for 1 hour (turn pieces half way through). Next use a toaster oven broiler element and broil for about 20 minutes turning the chicken until it is a nice brown in color.
4. While the chicken is cooking scrape clean the carrot. Take a knife and cut a long thin strip and save. Next cut four shorter strips and save.
5. Next place the can of beans in a pot and heat thoroughly.
6. Using an oblong plate if possible, place the beans in the center and the length of the plate (leaving the sides clean so food can be added), flatten the beans with a folk; the beans represent a black top roadway.
7. Next place the long carrot strip in the center of the beans, lengthwise; the carrot represents a highway divider line.
8. Next use two small strips and create a cross X and place at one end of the highway; this represents a highway chicken crossing warning sign. Use two more small carrot strips and create a second cross X and place at the other end of the highway.
9. Next place the chicken pieces on one side of the place (one side of the highway).
10. Place the blue cheese dressing on the other side of the highway (half the length of the plate) and place the hot Tabasco sauce on the same side as well.
11. Now just before serving, ask your guests Why did the chicken cross the road? And see what the will say. Then let them dig in and serve themselves on individual plates. Enjoy!