Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 3 tablespoons oil
2. 1 lb boneless chicken breast (Chicken breasts should be cut into thin strips.)
3. 1/2 cup broccoli floret
4. 2 ounces snow peas (About 1/2 C)
5. 1 medium carrot, Thinly Sliced
6. 1/2 medium red peppers (cut into thin strips) or 1/2 medium green pepper (cut into thin strips)
7. 1 envelope onion soup mix
8. 1 teaspoon cornstarch
9. 1/2 teaspoon ginger, Ground
10. 1 1/2 cups water
11. 2 teaspoons soy sauce
12. 1 teaspoon white vinegar or 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
13. rice, Hot Cooked
1. In large skillet, heat oil and cook chicken with vegetables over medium- high heat, stirring constantly. 10 minutes or until chicken is golden and vegetables are crisp-tender.
2. Thoroughly blend golden onion recipe soup mix, cornstarch, ginger, water, soy sauce and vinegar; stir into chicken mixture.
3. Bring to a boil, then simmer uncovered t minutes or until sauce is thickened.
4. Serve over hot rice and garnish, if desired, with sliced green onion and toasted sesame seeds.
5. MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS:
6. Omit oil and degrease ginger to 1/4 t.
7. In 2-quart casserole, heat chicken, uncovered, at HIGH (Full Power) 4 minutes or until almost done; remove chicken and drain.
8. Add vegetables to casserole and heat uncovered 5 minutes at HIGH (Full Power).
9. Thoroughly blend golden onion soup mix, cornstarch, ginger, water, soy sauce and vinegar; stir into vegetables.
10. Heat uncovered 5 minutes on HIGH (Full Power) or until sauce is thickened, stirring once.
11. Return chicken to casserole and heat 1 minute or until heated through.
12. Let stand covered 5 minutes.
13. Serve and garnish as above.