Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 3 tablespoons butter
2. 1 medium onion, finely chopped
3. 1 garlic clove, minced
4. 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
5. 2 -4 tablespoons curry powder (I use Yeo’s Malaysian, nice and hot)
6. 1 tablespoon flour
7. 1 cup chicken broth
8. 1 cup beer
9. 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
10. 2 tablespoons mango chutney
11. 2 teaspoons tomato paste
12. 2 teaspoons honey
13. 1/2 lemon, juice of
14. 1 cup whipping cream
15. 3 cups prawns, shelled and cooked or 3 cups chicken, cooked and chopped
1. Melt butter over medium heat and brown onion, garlic and ginger until golden.
2. Combine curry powder and flour and add to onion, stirring to blend. Reduce heat to low and cook 2-3 minutes.
3. Add Broth, beer, apple, chutney, tomato paste, honey and lemon juice. Blend well and simmer on low about 25 minutes.
4. Let cool slightly then transfer to food processor and blend until smooth. Strain through a sieve to make a perfectly smooth sauce.
5. Return to pan and stir in cream. Add shrimp, prawns or chicken and heat through gently.
6. Season with salt and garnish with green onion, chopped peanuts or roasted coconut. Lovely with coconut rice.