Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 8 fresh poblano peppers
2. 8 ounces tomato sauce
3. 16 ounces monterey jack cheese or 16 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese
4. 3 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
5. 8 eggs
6. 1 tablespoon oregano
7. 1 tablespoon baking powder
8. 1/4 cup flour (can use gluten free flour)
1. Put peppers on a baking sheet & broil about 15 minutes, turning occasionally until blistered all over. Remove to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap & set aside 15 minutes. Pull out stems & seeds, peel off skins, give a quick rinse & set aside on paper towels.
2. Shred the cheese while the peppers are broiling.
3. Reduce heat to 375°F Spray a 9×13 pan with oil spray. Pour the tomato sauce over the bottom.
4. Fill peppers with shredded cheese. Set aside 1/2 c or so of cheese. Set in pan. Fill empty spaces with corn.
5. Whisk to combine eggs, oregano, baking powder & flour. Pour over everything. Sprinkle additional cheese over the top.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes until set and the top is brown & bubbly.