Ingredients for 35 servings:
1. 1 cup butter, softened
2. 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3. 2 eggs
4. 1 teaspoon vanilla
5. 3/4 cup cocoa powder
6. 2 cups all-purpose flour
7. 1 teaspoon baking soda
8. 1 teaspoon salt
9. 1/2 cup granulated sugar, for rolling
1. Cream together butter and brown sugar with a mixer until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
2. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition, and then vanilla.
3. Combine cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture. Mix well.
4. Refrigerate dough for one hour.
5. Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough and place into granulated sugar, roll around to coat. Place sugar coated dough on lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheet, space cookies 2 inches apart. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 9-10 minutes.
6. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.