Ingredients for 2 servings:
1. 150 g chorizo sausage
2. 1 small red pepper
3. 1 teaspoon hot paprika
4. 1 medium onion
5. 275 g potatoes
6. 4 tablespoons olive oil
7. 1 large garlic clove, crushed
8. 2 large eggs
9. salt and pepper
1. Slice onion in half and then each half needs to be sliced as thinly as possible.
2. Halve and deeseed the pepper, chop into 1cm pieces.
3. Peel skin off chorizo and cut into pieces roughly the same size as the pepper.
4. Wash the potatoes and chop into 1cm cubes, leaving the skin on. Boil these for 5 minutes, drain in a colander and cover with a clean cloth to absorb the steam.
5. Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large frying pan, when hot add the onion, pepper and garlic and cook for about 6 mins until softened and tinged brown.
6. Push onion mix to one side of pan and add chorizo, keeping heat fairly high cook for about 2 mins till nicely browned.
7. Add paprika and stir everything together then transfer this mix to a plate.
8. Add another table spoon of the oil to the pan and add the potatoes and seasoning. Toss them around in the hot pan for about 3 mins until they begin to crisp and brown.
9. Return the chorizon mix to the pan and, using a pan slice, keep turning the mixture over. Cook for 5-6 minutes until brown and crispy. Turn down heat and keep warm.
10. In another pan fry eggs in remaining oil.
11. Serve hash divided between two warm plates with a fried egg on top of each. Eat with crusty bread and tomato ketchup!