Ingredients for 6 servings:
1. 1 cup all-purpose flour
2. 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3. 1/4 cup sugar
4. 1 teaspoon baking powder
5. 3 tablespoons margarine
6. 2/3 cup skim milk
7. 1 large banana, peeled and cut into chunks (ripe)
8. 1/2 cup frozen fat free non-dairy topping, thawed
9. 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
10. 1 teaspoon honey
11. 1 dash ground nutmeg
12. 3 cups fresh strawberries
1. In a large bowl stir together flour, cocoa powder, sugar and baking powder.
2. Cut in margarine till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Make a well in the center; add skim milk all at once.
4. Stir just till dough clings together.
5. Drop in equal portions onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
6. Bake in a 450 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
7. Cool slightly on a wire rack.
8. Meanwhile, for banana cream, in a medium bowl mash banana with a fork until smooth. (You should have about 1/2 cup).
9. Add whipped topping, yogurt, honey and nutmeg; stir till smooth.
10. Reserve 6 berries for garnish; slice remaining berries.
11. To assemble, split cocoa biscuits in half crosswise.
12. Set tops aside.
13. Arrange strawberry slices on bottoms.
14. Dollop about 2 tablespoons of the banana cream mixture over sliced berries on each biscuit.
15. Top with the biscuit tops.
16. Dollop 1 tablespoons of the remaining banana cream on top of each of the assembled shortcakes.
17. Garnish with the reserved whole strawberries.