Ingredients for 8 servings:
1. 3 cups whole milk
2. 2 cups fresh corn kernels or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
3. 3/4 cup cornmeal, finely ground
4. 2 tablespoons butter
5. 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
6. 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
7. 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
8. 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1. Heat oven to 350º F.
2. In a large saucepan, over medium heat, bring 2 cups of the milk and the corn to a boil.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining milk and the cornmeal.
4. Whisking constantly, slowly add the mixture to the boiling milk. Reduce heat and simmer gently, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Stir in the butter, thyme, salt, pepper and eggs.
6. Transfer to a buttered casserole or cast-iron skillet.
7. Bake until golden and set, about 30 minutes.
8. Serve warm or at room temperature.