Ingredients for 6 servings:
1. vegetable oil cooking spray
2. 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
3. 2/3 cup couscous
4. 6 large bell peppers, mixed colors
5. 2 teaspoons olive oil
6. 1/2 cup chopped onion
7. 6 ounces zucchini, quartered lengthwise then sliced across thinly
8. 6 ounces yellow squash, quartered lengthwise then sliced across thinly
9. 1 teaspoon fennel seed
10. 1 teaspoon dried oregano
11. 1 teaspoon salt
12. 1 cup plum tomato, diced
13. 15 ounces chickpeas, drained and rinsed
14. 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese (about 1 cup)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F Coat a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cut the stems out of the bell peppers and cut them in half lengthwise. Scoop out all the seeds and membranes. Boil the prepared peppers for 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon remove them from water and let them drain cut side down.
3. Bring the broth to boil in a saucepan and add the couscous. Cover the pan and remove it from the heat.
4. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet. Cook the onion, zucchini, yellow squash, fennel seeds, oregano, and salt for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables start to soften.
5. Remove skillet from heat and add the tomatoes and chickpeas. Fluff the couscous with a fork and add it to the skillet, mixing it with the vegetables. Stir in the crumbled feta.
6. Arrange the peppers in the baking dish cut sides up (like little boats)and fill them with the couscous/vegetable mixture. (The filling will be heaping unless your peppers are very large.).
7. Bake 15 minutes. Serve immediately.