Ingredients for 6 servings:
1. 2/3 cup raisins
2. 2/3 cup boiling water
3. 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
4. 1/8 teaspoon powdered saffron
5. 1 1/2 cups couscous, uncooked
6. 1 1/2 cups celery, diced
7. 1/3 cup green onion, sliced
8. 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
9. 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
10. 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
11. 1/2 teaspoon salt
12. 1/4 teaspoon pepper
13. 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
14. 1/2 cup olive oil
1. Place the raisins in a small bowl; pour boiling water over raisins, and let stand 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Comine the chicken broth and saffron in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover, and remove from heat immediately. Let stand for 4 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
3. Combine the couscous, raisins, celery, green onions, toasted pine nuts, and parsley in a large bowl; toss gently, and set aside.
4. In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, salt, pepper, and cinnamon in a bowl; stir well. Gradually add olive oil, beating constantly with a wire whisk until blended. Pour dressing mixture over couscous mixture; toss gently. Cover and chill thoroughly.