Ingredients for 12 servings:
1. 12 -15 potatoes, washed and cut in half
2. 6 onions, left whole
3. 12 carrots, cut into 3 to 4 inch chunks
4. 2 heads cabbage, quartered
5. 12 ears corn on the cob, cut in half
6. 12 bratwursts (Italian sausages are good, as are spicier versions.) or 12 other sausages (Italian sausages are good, as are spicier versions.)
7. 3 (12 ounce) cans beer
8. salt and pepper, to taste
1. Layer potatoes, onions, carrots, cabbage, corn and sausages in the cream can in the order listed.
2. Pour in the cans of beer and season with salt and pepper. (Can also add garlic, Montreal Steak seasoning, or whatever other seasonings you prefer.).
3. Cover and bring to a boil. Steam on propane burner for about one hour.
4. Serve with buns for the sausages and/or plain white bread and butter.