Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 1/2 cup self-rising cornmeal mix
2. 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
3. 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4. 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
5. 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
6. 2 eggs, beaten
7. oil (for frying)
8. seasoning salt
1. In a shallow dish mix together the cornmeal with dry breadcrumbs, pepper and garlic powder.
2. Place the eggs in another dish.
3. Dip the chicken into the egg, then into the cornmeal mixture coating on both sides.
4. heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Cook the breasts for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until done, seasoning with seasoned salt while frying if desired.