Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 8 ounces plain yogurt, drained
2. 1/2 lemon, juice of
3. 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
4. 1/2 cucumber, seeded and chopped fine
5. 1 teaspoon dried dill
6. salt & pepper
1. to drain the yogurt, line a mesh colandar with cheesecloth or a coffee filter and hang over a bowl. Let the yogurt drain at least an hour or two, but no big deal if it is easier for you the night before. If that is the case, make sure to cover the top and leave it in the fridge.
2. This can be skipped if you can get your hands on real Greek yogurt, which is thicker than most commerical brands.
3. Place the now thickened yorgurt to a bowl and add the other ingredients. Best if it sits for a bit to let the flavors combine, but with me, it is likely that it will get eaten long before.
4. You may keep leftovers in the fridge, but I find the raw garlic can get a bit intense upon sitting. Not that that is a bad thing, but consider yourself warned.