Ingredients for 1 servings:
1. 125 g dates
2. 100 g dried cranberries
3. 1 lemon, juice of
4. 250 ml water
1. Chop dates and dried cranberries finely.
2. Place the chopped ingredients in a small saucepan on a medium heat and add the lemon juice.
3. As the mixture warms up the dates will begin to break down. If the mixture becomes dry add water as necessary.
4. Cook for 20 minutes and keep an eye on the water levels. The finished mixture should be reasonably think should have a shine to it. Note that when it cools it will have a thicker consistency.
5. Place mixture in a small ramekin and allow to cool. Can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
6. Optionally you can place the mixture in a food processor and blend until smooth.