Ingredients for 1 servings:
1. 1 eggplant
2. 1 cup fresh tomato, peeled, de-seeded, and diced
3. 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
4. 3/4 cup scallion, chopped
5. 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
6. 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
7. 3 tablespoons olive oil
8. 1 teaspoon ground cumin
9. 3/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
10. 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
11. 1 tablespoon canola oil
1. Trim and discard the ends of the eggplant and cut it in half, lengthwise. Place each half cut-side down on a baking sheet which has been greased with the canola oil.
2. Bake for 35 minutes in a pre-heated 375-degree F. oven, then remove from the oven. Cool, peel, and dice the eggplant.
3. In a large salad-mixing bowl, blend the eggplant, tomatoes, garlic, green onions and parsley. Set aside.
4. In a small bowl, blend the vinegar, olive oil, cumin, and Tabasco. Pour this over the vegetable blend and stir in in carefully.
5. Cover with cling wrap and allow the dish to marinate for at least 4 hours. If you do this in the refrigerator, allow the dish to return to room temperature prior to serving.