Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 1 medium eggplant
2. 1 cup flour
3. 1 teaspoon kosher salt
4. 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
5. 2 eggs
6. 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
7. 1/2-1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
8. 1/4-1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
9. oil (for frying)
10. marinara sauce
1. Preheat about 2 inches of oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Cut off tip and peel eggplant. Using a sharp knife slice eggplant into 1/8 inch circles. Then slice in half. You want them to be about the width of two fingers. Pat dry with paper towels.
3. Combine flour, salt and pepper in a resealable bag.
4. In a bowl, beat together eggs. Set aside.
5. On a plate mix together Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.
6. In batches, place eggplant slices in flour and shake to coat. Then dip slices in egg and press into the Parmesan-breadcrumb mixture to lightly coat.
7. Once oil reaches 350 degrees, begin frying the chips in batches. (If you dont have a thermometer, drop a little flour in and if it sizzles its ready) Fry 3-5 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Transfer to paper towels. Repeat with remaining eggplant.
8. Sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese if desired. Serve hot.
9. To get even more of the taste of Eggplant Parmesan, dip these in your favorite marinara sauce.