Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. cooking spray (1 spray)
2. 1/3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
3. 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
4. 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
5. 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
6. 1 medium raw eggplant
7. 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
8. 1 1/2 cups canned tomato sauce
9. 1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a 9 X 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
2. Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder in a medium-size bowl; set aside. Remove skin from eggplant and trim off ends; slice eggplant into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
3. Dip eggplant first into egg whites and then into bread crumb mixture. Bake eggplant on a nonstick cookie sheet until lightly browned, about 20 to 25 minutes, flipping once.
4. Place a layer of eggplant on bottom of prepared baking dish, then add 1/3 of tomato sauce and 1/3 of mozzarella cheese. Repeat with 2 more layers in same order. Bake until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling, about 10 minutes more. Slice into 4 pieces and serve.