Ingredients for 6 servings:
1. 1 large eggplant
2. 3 medium zucchini
3. 1/2 cup olive oil
4. 2 tablespoons fresh thyme (chopped)
5. 2 tablespoons fresh oregano (chopped)
6. 1/2 tablespoon garlic (minced)
7. 12 ounces mozzarella cheese (sliced)
8. 2 cups marinara sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400F & cut eggplant + zucchini into lengthwise slices.
2. Combine olive oil, thyme, organo + garlic & mix well. Lightly brush eggplant & zucchini slices w/oil mixture.
3. Heat lrg non-stick skillet over med-heat. Cook vegetable slices 30 seconds on ea side.
4. In an 11 x 7-in baking dish, layer eggplant, zucchini, 1 1/2 cups of the tomato sauce + the cheese. Repeat layering as needed.
5. Bake 10-15 min or till heated through. Cut into 6 servings (approx 3×2 in) & serve immediately w/approx 1 tbsp of the remaining 1/2 cup marinara sauce atop ea serving.
6. NOTE: Feel free to sub for the marinara sauce w/another tomato-based & meatless spaghetti or lasagna sauce of choice.