Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 1 lb Fontina cheese, grated
2. 1 cup sour cream
3. 4 tablespoons marjoram, minced
4. 20 squash blossoms, stems and pistills removed
5. 2 eggs
6. 1/4 cup water
7. 1/2 cup flour
8. 1/2 cup cornstarch
9. 1 tablespoon cumin seed, ground
10. 1 tablespoon coriander, ground
11. 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or other coarse salt)
12. 2 tablespoons chili powder
13. 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
14. 1 quart peanut oil (for frying, or other oil for frying)
1. In a bowl of an electric mixer blend together cheese, sour cream and marjoram. Put mixture into a pastry bag and chill for a few minutes.
2. Stuff the squash blossoms with the cheese mixture.
3. Mix together eggs and water in a pie pan and set aside.
4. In a seperate pie pan sift together flour, cornstarch, cumin, coriander, salt, chile powder and cinnamon.
5. Dip each squash blossom int the egg wash and then in the flour mixture.
6. Heat up oil to 340-degrees in fryer or large skillet suitable for deep frying.
7. Deep fry squash blossoms until light brown (2 minutes), drain on paper towels.
8. Arrange blossoms on a platter and serve with your favorite salsa.