Ingredients for 2 servings:
1. 2 chicken breasts
2. 2 garlic scapes
3. 2 kohlrabi
4. 1 teaspoon olive oil
5. 1 teaspoon chili paste
6. 1/2 teaspoon sugar
7. 1 lemon
8. 1 tablespoon white wine
9. 1 bunch lemon balm
1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet over med-low heat. Thinly slice the garlic scape stems on the bias and add to the skillet.
2. Salt and pepper the chicken breasts. After about 2 minutes push the garlic to the sides of the pan and add the chicken. Salt and pepper the other side and brown.
3. While the chicken is browning, peel the kohlrabi and slice it thinly (like a scallop) and add to skillet. Cut the greens from the kohlrabi into thin strips and also add to the skillet.
4. After 5 minutes turn the chicken to brown the other side and flip the kohlrabi slices. Brown chicken for another 3 minutes.
5. Add the juice of half the lemon and white wine to the skillet and cover with a lid. Allow to cook for another 5-10 minutes.
6. In a small bowl, mix chili paste, sugar and some lemon juice. Spread on the chicken and flip the chicken one more time so the chicken is sitting on top of the chili paste. Cook for 2 more minutes or until chicken is done and serve. Top the chicken with thinly sliced lemon balm and garnish with slice of lemon.