Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 1 spaghetti squash, cut in half and seeded. (remove all of the stuff that’s holding the seeds in!)
2. 1 orange bell pepper, diced fine
3. 1 sweet onion, diced fine
4. 2 garlic cloves, minced
5. 30 g feta cheese (Krinos Cow &, Goat Feta is our favourite)
6. 12 grape tomatoes, halved
7. 3 tablespoons olive oil
8. 1/2 fresh lemon, juice of
9. 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
10. 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
11. 1 pinch salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Place squash halves cut side down on a sheet pan and roast until a knife pierces the outside flesh easily, 30 – 40 minutes.
3. Using a fork, pull the roasted squash out into a strainer and drain. It will be packed full of delicious squashy liquids, so if you want you can reserve this and it some back in at the end of the recipe.
4. While the squash drains, sauté peppers and onion in 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet until tender crisp, 5 – 6 minutes.
5. Add garlic and black pepper to the skillet and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds or so.
6. Tip drained squash directly into the skillet and use tongs to incorporate the sautéed ingredients.
7. Cook for 6 or 7 minutes, tossing a couple times along the way.
8. Remove from skillet.
9. Crumble feta over top of the squash, and add grape tomatoes.
10. Drizzle in remaining tbsp of olive oil and lemon juice.
11. Grind pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste, quickly mix everything together, and serve hot.