Ingredients for 6 servings:
1. 4 slices bacon
2. 1 onion, chopped
3. 3 garlic cloves, chopped
4. 1 cup Polish sausage, cooked and sliced
5. 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
6. 3 cups sauerkraut
7. 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
8. 1/4 cup honey
9. 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
10. 1 teaspoon salt
11. 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In small skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels, crumble, and set aside. Cook onion and garlic in bacon drippings until crisp tender, about 4 minutes.
2. In 9×13 glass baking dish, combine sausage, sauerkraut, tomato sauce and honey and mix well (you might want to spray dish with cooking spray to keep from sticking). Add cooked onion and garlic (including drippings) and stir.
3. Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place on top of sauerkraut mixture. Sprinkle everything with the bacon.
4. Cover with foil and bake for 55-65 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.