Ingredients for 6 servings:
1. 1 lb ground beef
2. 1/2 bell pepper (yellow or red)
3. 1/2 onion, diced
4. 1 egg
5. 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
6. 2 tablespoons mustard
7. 1 pinch salt, to taste
8. 1 pinch pepper, to taste
9. 1 pinch paprika, to taste
10. 2 tablespoons oil
11. 1/2 cup water
12. 1 tablespoon whipping cream
13. 1 tablespoon brown gravy mix
1. Dice bell pepper and onion and set aside.
2. Mix ground beef with egg, bread crumbs, mustard and 1/2 of your diced onions.
3. form roughly 6 meatballs (each meat ball should fit into your cupped hand and roll in some bread crumbs and pad lightly on both sides to flatten them on 2 sides.
4. Heat oil in a deep pan and brown meatballs harshly on both sides until nice dark and firm crust has formed (approximately 5 min on each side), take care to only turn them once
5. Remove the meatballs from the pan an set aside.
6. brown remainder of your onions together with the bell pepper in the left over oil/browning juices.
7. Ad water in small steps to loosen all the browned particles from the pan to create a nice dark gravy. Finish the gravy with some cream and the tablespoon of gravy mix to thicken it.
8. Place the meatballs back into the gravy and let all simmer for 5 more minutes.
9. Serve with your choice of sides.