Ingredients for 2 servings:
1. 1 cup oats
2. 2 cups water
3. 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger or 2 tablespoons candied ginger, fine diced
4. 1 cup canned peaches in juice
5. sugar or sugar substitute, to taste
6. yogurt or cream, to taste
1. Bring water to boil in a small saucepan; add oatmeal and cook 1 minute (if you want you can use the peach juice as part of your 2 cups of liquid).
2. Add finely chopped ginger to the pot (be sure to cut small as it swells quite a bit); continue to cook another 2-3 minutes.
3. Add peaches and cook oatmeal until desired doneness, about 2-4 minutes depending on your grain and eating preferences.
4. Serve topped with sweetener, milk, yogurt or cream, again according to your tastes.