Ingredients for 10 servings:
1. 2 lbs Brussels sprouts
2. 5 slices bacon
3. 1/2 cup sugar
4. 1 tablespoon flour
5. 1/3 cup vinegar
6. 1/2 cup water
1. Clean and drain brussel sprouts.
2. Put them in a large saucepan with water to cover.
3. Bring to a boil and cook until tender but not falling apart.
4. Meanwhile, fry bacon until crisp, remove from heat, cool and cut into bite-size pieces,
5. Drain most of the bacon fat (reserve 1 T in skillet) return bacon to skillet.
6. Mix sugar and flour in a small bowl; add to skillet. Heat should be on low.
7. Add vinegar and water.
8. Stir while cooking, until thickened.
9. Drain brussel sprouts.
10. Put in serving dish.
11. Pour sauce over sprouts.