Ingredients for 6 servings:
1. 1 lb extra lean ground beef
2. 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
3. 7 1/4 ounces packages nacho cheese flavored tortilla chips
4. 1 head iceberg lettuce, in bite-sized pieces
5. 7 1/2 ounces cans kidney beans, drained
6. 2 medium tomatoes, diced
7. 3 green onions, sliced
8. 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
9. 1/4 cup green goddess salad dressing (secret ingredient!)
1. Heat skillet to Med-Hi heat with small amount of oil; saute ground beef; brown, and drain well.
2. Add taco seasoning mix and follow directions of package.
3. Cool (Maybe be refrigerated for later use).
4. To assemble: Crush chips into bite-size pieces and add to salad bowl along with the meat,cheese, beans, tomatoes, lettuce, and green onions.
5. Pour dressing over all and toss to combine.
6. Serve immediately.
7. Note: May substitute 2 cups cooked cubed chicken, for beef; sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken and toss to coat.