Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
2. 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
3. 1/4 cup soy sauce
4. 1/4 cup ketchup
5. 1/4 cup plum sauce
6. 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
7. 3 garlic cloves, minced
8. 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
9. 1 beef flank steak (1-1/4 pounds)
1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with reserved marinade. To serve, thinly slice across the grain.