Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2. 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
3. 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
4. 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
5. 8 slices rustic bread
6. 1/4 lb thinly sliced black forest ham
7. 6 ounces sliced turkey
8. 1/4 lb swiss cheese
9. 2 dill pickles, thinly sliced
10. 1 1/2 tablespoons softened butter
1. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, mustard, cumin, paprika and a pinch of salt. Spread mixture on bread.
2. On four slices, layer ingredients in this order: cheese, ham, turkey, then pickles.
3. Top with remaining four slices of bread to form sandwiches, pressing down to compress filling.
4. Heat a large skillet, panini press or sandwich maker to medium-high heat.
5. Spread butter on bottom of each sandwich and place buttered side down on hot surface.
6. Butter top side of sandwich while in pan and grill until browned. Flip sandwich and grill on other side. If using a panini or sandwich press, close press.
7. Grill, pressing constantly, until sandwiches are browned and crisp on both sides and cheese is melted, about 10 -12 minutes.