Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (from two whole chicken breasts)
2. 1 tablespoon butter
3. 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4. 1 red sweet bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
5. 1 yellow sweet bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
6. 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
7. 3/4 cup whipping cream
8. salt and pepper, to taste
9. 1/2 cup snipped fresh chives
1. Heat butter and oil in heavy skillet. Add peppers. Saute over medium heat until tender-crisp – about 3-4 minutes – stirring occasionally. Remove from pan.
2. Add chicken breasts to skillet. Saute for 10-15 minutes until just cooked through, turning once. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
3. Add the vinegar to the pan. Bring to a boil, scraping up brownings. Add the cream and boil until reduced by about half.
4. Add chicken to the pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Simmer until chicken is heated, basting with the sauce.
5. Serve chicken with sauce spooned over. Garnish with sauteed peppers. Sprinkle with the snipped fresh chives.