Ingredients for 4 servings:
1. 4 slices soft bread, cubed
2. 1/4 cup butter, melted
3. 4 apples, peeled and sliced
4. 1/4 cup brown sugar
5. 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
6. 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
7. 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Grease four 6 oz ramekins (butter, shortening, or Pam) and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
3. Melt butter, then mix with cubed bread.
4. Mix lemon juice. brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg, then mix with sliced apples.
5. Press 1/8th of bread mixture into bottom of each ramekin, cover with 1/8th of apple mixture, repeat. Pour any leftover liquid over top. (bread, apples, bread, apples in each ramekin).
6. Place ramekins on cookie sheet. Bake at 375 40-50 minutes.
7. Serve warm or at room temperature.