Ingredients for 5 servings:
1. 1/3 cup olive oil
2. 1 cup chopped onion
3. 5 large tomatoes, cut into 1 inch chunks
4. 4 garlic cloves, minced
5. 1/2 teaspoon salt
6. 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
7. 14 ounces artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half
8. 2 1/2 ounces sliced black olives, drained
9. 1/4 cup basil, fresh chopped
10. 1 lb angel hair pasta
1. In large skillet, over medium high heat, heat oil and cook onions until soft. Add garlic, tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook about 8 minutes or until tomatoes have broken down.
2. Add artichokes, olives and basil and cook until heated through.
3. In meantime in large pot of boiling, salted water cook pasta until al dente, drain and place on large serving platter.
4. Top with tomato mixture, sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired and serve.