Ingredients for 1 servings:
1. 4 tablespoons butter (Blue Bonnet)
2. 3 1/2 tablespoons honey
3. 4 teaspoons chili powder
4. 3 teaspoons seasoning salt
5. 1 tablespoon orange juice (Simply Orange Pulp Free)
6. 1 -2 Cornish hen
7. 4 slices bacon (Turkey or Pork)
1. 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. 2 Melt butter and stir in honey and chili powder; mixing well in a small pot .
3. 3 Stir in orange juice, (salt and pepper optional) and put heat on low.
4. 4 Cut each hen into two halves.
5. 5 Rinse well and pat dry with paper towels.
6. 6 Place hens in in round baking dish, skin side down, and place in oven for 10 minutes.
7. 7 Turn hens over and baste generously with all of the mixture.
8. 8 Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until well browned, periodically pouring the glaze from the pan onto the hens throughout the cooking process.
9. 9 Once the timer goes off pull the hen out and wrap your bacon slices around the hens, tucking the bacon under the wing tips and around, coat the hen with more glaze from the pan and place back in the oven and cook until bacon is light brown.