Ingredients for 9 servings:
1. 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2. 1/2-3/4 cup sugar (or to taste)
3. 2 teaspoons baking powder
4. 1 teaspoon baking soda
5. 1 teaspoon cinnamon
6. 1/2 teaspoon salt
7. 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt (can use low-fat yogurt)
8. 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana
9. 2 tablespoons oil
10. 1 egg
11. 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Set oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 8 or 9-inch square baking pan or line muffin tins with paper liners.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, banana, oil, egg and vanilla.
5. Pour over dry ingredients, and gently stir with a spatula until JUST blended (do not over mix).
6. Spread the batter into prepared baking pan.
7. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the top of the cake is light brown, and edges begin to pull away from sides of the pan (bake slightly less time for muffins).
8. Cool cake in pan on rack for 10 minutes.
9. Loosen sides of cake with a dinner knife or a spatula.
10. Invert cake right side up and cool completely.
11. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar.